Wednesday 25 July 2012

Lush Review

Hey everyone,

so today I'm going to write a more or less short review about my first three Lush products I bought about 2 weeks ago. :)


I'm quite late when it comes to beauty stuff, so this is why I'm just exploring the big wide world of Lush... nevertheless I can already say: It's a Lush life! :)

***

The first thing I bought was the "Snake Oil". On the UK page it says:

Once you’ve worked this bar into the scalp, the cocoa butter will start to soften and lift dead skin. Meanwhile cade oil, tea tree, peppermint and lavender oils will go about treating and balancing the scalp.
By the time you wash it off, your scalp should feel like new.
The cade oil in here may smell of creosote, but that is because it has natural constituents of creosol, guaiacol, cadinene and terpenes. All of which might sound a bit scary, but in fact it makes this a natural antiseptic and anitmicrobal, perfect for treating many skin complaints.
Other products that work well in conjunction with this scalp bar are Soak and Float shampoo and Hair Doctor treatment. 

It's not nice to talk about it but my scalp is very sensitive and I've got some problems with it for a few months now. I've got neurodermitis and my sculp also is affected by it, which makes it itchy and not nice at all.
About the product: It smells horrible - seriously! I really don't like it because it reminds me of a mixture of menthol and gamon. BUT I'll try to overlook it and just hope that it will help. ;) The consistency is strange because it's like s piece of soap and you have to rub it between your hands to get some oil. This is not very funny or nice but doable. You then massage the oil onto your sculp and wait for about 30 - 60 minutes - at least I waited that long. After that you just wash your hair normally and the smell says "Goodbye!". :D
When I first used Snake Oil I felt pretty good. My sculp didn't itch and felt fresh and nice but after the second time I couldn't really make a difference. :/  It was itching again and you can see some neurodermitis on my parting in the hair again.
All in all: I will try it again and keep you posted. ;)

***

The second product I got was the "Rehab Shampoo". And again - on the UK page it says:

Our shampoo base has added carrageen seaweed gel to soften the hair.  Jojoba oil closely resembles the natural sebum of the skin, so is great for giving the scalp a little gentle help, without greasiness.
Olive oil gives tensile strength to the hair and helps it to survive brushing and combing.
Kiwi and mango are included for their nutritious minerals and vitamins. Rosemary gives shine to the hair. Papaya and pineapple contain papain, a natural enzyme, which breaks down dead skin cells and helps to clean.
Then, we add juniper and mint to help the scalp and encourage hair growth.
When your hair is crying out for help, Rehab is here to help you bring it back from the brink and put you on the path towards maximum health of the hair and scalp and everything working in the proper way.
Use with Retread Conditioner for a real turn around for neglected hair.

I don't like the smell again. :/  It's very minty and "herby" (does this word exist?^^) BUT it really works! I recommend to use it with a conditioner because it just cleans your hair and leaves them in a squeaky condition (which is good btw. but I have some problems to brush through my hair later). After using "Rehab" my hair looks healthier and feels very nice. It just does the job - what can I say? :)


 ***

I also got the "Big Blue Bathbomb" for my mother's birthday but can't say anything about it yet except: It smells goood! :D So my Mom can't see it before her birthday, I put the bathbomb in my closet and everytime I opened it I felt like I'm on vacation on the sea - nice, indeed. :)
As a little gift from Lush I got a tiny version of the "Charity Pot". And oh my god, this is THE product! :D I'm obsessed with it and sad that I only have this tiny pot because it's a miracle on my hands. As I only got a sample I didn't use it all over my body but only on my hands and it made them softer than ever before in my life! I'm not exaggerating! I had to get used to the smell (reminded me of very creamy oatmeal gruel with almonds and cocoa) but now I think it's okay - especially when it makes my hands this soft. What I also liked is that it's combined with this Charity Project, so all the money you spend on it will go to charity. Isn't that nice?

Here's a link to the Lush UK page, so you can find out more about the Charity project:
 https://www.lush.co.uk/product/84/Charity-Pot-Hand-and-body-Lotion-240g

***

Sorry this post was a bit long - I hope you don't mind it and had fun anyway. :)

See you next time,
Hermione
 

No comments:

Post a Comment