Thursday 26 July 2012

Talking about ... Harry Potter!

Hey everyone,

today I would like to introduce a new "topic", which is "Talking about...". I will just talk about random stuff in this category, which you maybe already figured out yourself. ;)

As my Bloggername is Hermione and I'm actually always talking about Harry Potter I thought it would be nice to have it all written down in this specific Blogpost. 

***

Let's get started...

When I was about 8/9 years old my Mom bought the first Harry Potter book because everyone read it, everyone loved it and she thought my brother and I would like it as well. Mommy, you did a good job! - I loved it! I have to say that reading a "real" book was not that easy when I was 8/9 years old... especially when there are names like Hagrid and Hedwig and I always took Hagrid for Hedwig and the other way around, so for a period of time I thought Harry had a speaking owl :'D What I also didn't get was the term "Sir" because it's not very German and because I thought Hagrid was the speaking owl I thought "Sir" was a noise "he" made. o.o  Oh my god - I was stupid. :D

Okay, well in the end I read it and I loved it and just wanted to have anything Harry Potter related. I had a Harry Potter and a Ron Weasly doll, Harry Potter sparklers, Harry Potter letter paper with little owls on it, a Harry Potter pullover and last but not least: Harry Potter shampoo and shower gel! I really owned a Barbie-sized figure of Harry Potter, which you could "screw apart" and then you had some shampoo in it. I  still remember the smell of it! 

In 2001 (I think) I went to the movies to watch the first Harry Potter film... and of course I loved it! I probably was in love with Daniel Radcliffe and I still own a real autograph! If I find it, I will definitely post it because it is just too cute! :)

Aaaand here it is - best signing ever! xD

After that I had to deal with my classmates, who didn't like my Harry Potter pullover that much and who thought that Harry Potter was for children only - of course 11-year-olds aren't children no more...

I think Harry Potter and the prizoner of Azkaban was the only film I didn't watch in cinema, although it is my favourite by now!

When I was about 14 I watched Harry Potter and the goblet of fire with my best friend Sarah and I know she will hate me for it but: she loved Robert Pattinson back then! She always said: "Oh look at this Cedric Diggory - he is hot!" xD
Afterwards I read all the books again (had to lend them because I didn't own them anymore whysoever) and fell in true love (again). :) I really was overwhelmed by the whole world Joanne K. Rowling created and I wished it was real so badly - I still do btw. 

When I was about 17 my boyfriend gave me books one to seven for christmas (*.*) and one year later I bought the english versions myself.
I actually got two versions of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows because I bought one in Berlin when I visited my Grandpa and when it was brand new and the other one I got in the set I bought later. Maybe I can do a little giveaway when my Blog is bigger and has some followers?! :)

***

My love for Harry Potter just doesn't stop - it actually becomes stronger and bigger. xD Of course I am a member on Pottermore and my Username is ZauberHimmel5, so feel free to add me to your friendlist. ;D 

Currently I am listening to the Harry Potter audiobooks. I finished the first five ones and listen to Harry Potter and the halfblood prince at the moment - and (what can I say) I love it. I'm so into english accents and Stephen Fry just has an amazing voice especially because he speaks in like 10.000 different accents!

***

I think I have to stop now - this post is long enough already and I hope you liked it.

Please let me know what you think of Harry Potter in the comments section! :)

See you next time,
Hermione


No comments:

Post a Comment