Sunday 29 July 2012

Sunday Favourite #2 : Harry Potter Audio Books

Hey everyone,

today it's time for another Sunday Favourites and it will be the Harry Potter Audio Books (UK Version)! :)
I don't want to repeat my love for Harry Potter over and over again but...

***

After reading all the books in German and Englisch and watching every film in every language I know (;D) I also got the Audio Books in English because there was a lot of advertisement on Pottermore and I couldn't resist anymore. ;) 

shop.pottermore.com ;)
 The books are read by Stephen Fry in the UK version, while Jim Dale reads the US Version. After comparing the two man a little I have to say that Stephen Fry is my favourite! He just has such a calm and interesting voice, which is perfect for audio books because they can become a little dull I think - especially when the "reader" only has one voice. Stephen Fry gives personality to every character through his voice and this is just amazing.


 I'm currently listening to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Chapter 15 - The Unbreakable Vow :D) and I really enjoy it. Mostly I listen to it before going to bed and that reminds me of being a child and listening to audio cassetes in bed. :) (At this point I would like to apologize to my boyfriend because I never turn them off. ;D)

***

For the case that I finish the HP Audio Books I got some english literature classics like "Jane Eyre" and some from Jane Austen to listen to because I think I will become an Audio Book addict. :)

What do you think about Audio Books? Did you listen to the Harry Potter ones yet?

Hope you liked that little post and I can just recommend to give Audio Books a try - especially when they are about Harry Potter. :)

See you next time,
Hermione

No comments:

Post a Comment